On 25 October 2013, 9BRi hosts its annual conference on international law aboard HMS President, Victoria Embankment, London. The conference, entitled “Human Rights and International Challenges”, is presented in association with the Middlesex University School of Law, and includes speakers on the following topics:
- The Birth of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights - Professor William Schabas OC, School of Law, Middlesex University
- The Victims of Beslan v. Russia at the ECtHR – Steven Kay QC
- African Court on Human and Peoples’ Rights – Gillian Higgins & Benjamin Joyes
- The Role of Human Rights in the ICC Complementarity Regime – Sarah Bafadhel
- Interpol Arrest Warrant Abuse – Corinne Bramwell
- Transitional Justice in Syria: Developing the Rule of law in Liberated Territories – Toby Cadman
- Human Rights at Sea – David Hammond
- Corporate Social Responsibility and Lawsuits Against Corporation - Nadia Bernaz, Senior Lecturer, School of Law Middlesex University
- Human Rights Protecting and Saving the Planet – Lucinda Dannatt
- Human Rights in the International Criminal Tribunals – John Cammegh & David Young
Tickets can be purchased from here.
For further information, please see the event poster.